What is Dietary Fiber
Dietary fiber is the edible parts of plants or analogous carbohydrates that are resistant to digestion and absorption in the human small intestine with fermentation in the large intestine.
Type Of Dietary Fiber
Recommendation For Dietary Fiber
Health Benefit of Dietary Fibre:
- Reduce risk of gastrointestinal disorders
- Stimulation of the immune response
- Reduction in systolic and diastolic blood pressure
- Reduce body weight & prevent weight gain
- Reduce risk of type-2 diabetes
- Lower blood cholesterol level-LDL
- Reduce risk of heart disease, stroke
What is Brown Rice
It’s an un-milled rice or partly milled rice. It has nutty flavor, chewier than white rice but become rancid more quickly, but is far more nutritious. Milling is the process that can differentiate brown from white rice. The bran layers and germ removed during polishing.
|Plain White Rice||Brown Rice|
15% of protein,
85% of the fat,
90% of the calcium,
75% of the phosphorus,
80% of thiamine,
70% of riboflavin
68% of niacin
Two major ones are fiber
and essential oils.